Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hamsapsukebe Jdorama Awards 2017

It is time for this small blog read by 5 people to honour the best that Jdoramas had to offer in 2017. The year started with the incredible Quartet and the whole year has been about whether anything would get close to being as good.

I just want to mention when taking screencaps for Quartet, I realised to my horror that I was missing the final episode of Quartet on both my backup hdds. Always triple check everything before deleting. While jdramacity is no more, through the powers of google I was able to find a working torrent somewhere with the 480 versions. Hhm, maybe I should get this in 720 format since its that good...

If you are new to this, the awards are decided by a one man panel of myself having watched as many jdoramas as I could from 2017. I avoid most if not all johnny and Fukada Kyoko jdoramas so that means no Code Blue and whatever that Kimutaku show is. Its pretty much scientifically guaranteed that those two shows are crap.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR


OHSUGI REN FINAL FANTASY DADDY OF LIGHT

Has there been an actor as good at portraying the stubborn dad with a heart of gold? He is dearly missed.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

MITSUSHIMA HIKARI QUARTET

She is almost in a statosphere of her own.

BEST ACTOR

NAKAYAMA YUMA HOKUTO

I never thought the day would come when I would give the award to an aidoru but there you go.

BEST ACTRESS

MATSU TAKAKO QUARTET

I hardly ever get to see her in shows anymore but she shows in Quartet that she is right up there with Mitsushima Hikari.

HONORABLE MENTIONS OF 2017

RAKUEN

PAPAKATSU

MILLION YEN WOMEN

FINAL FANTASY DADDY OF LIGHT

KAHOGO NO KAHOKO

MEISHI GAME 

CHINMOKU HOTEI 

OKAASAN, MUSUME WO YAMETE II DESU KA?


TOP 5 BEST JDORAMAS OF 2017

5) ISHI TSUBUTE


4) HANZAI SHOKUGUN

3) BYPLAYERS
 

2) HOKUTO

1) QUARTET

SUMMARY

While the year started off with a bang, it sort of fizzled out in that the quality was not as strong as in previous years. One could argue that the only true must watch jdorama released in 2017 was Hokuto,  Quartet and Ishi Tsubute.

17 comments:

Sonna~ said...

Well, us five people are your biggest fans, so there's that! Even though we don't always agree on the best dramas, I still enjoy reading what you have to say.

Anonymous said...

Damn, i couldn't even finish Hokuto because of.... May give it another go when i'm ready.

Anonymous said...

should definitely finish hokuto

Aarrrr said...

Your stat count shows 2 million though

Anonymous said...

Are you mistook HANZAI SHOKUGUN for Meishi Game?
P.S. The spring season is gonna be hot!

notpenk said...

Continue with the dorama review. I've been watching some of the best wowow doramas through your review.

dgundam said...

this year's best of post looks pretty short. quarter was good....sigh if only i can get my fiancee to start watching jdramas.

fukada kyoko dramas are bad but a guilty pleasure of mine....u should indulge yourself in em mike :P
too bad that new one she has with matsuyama is not being subbed.

Buck said...

お疲れ様、マイクさん。Did you watch Chinmoku Hotei? I think it's on par with Rakuen. I also like Blanket Cats, even though only 3 episodes have been subbed. It's better than the synopsis suggests, being an honest take on adopting pets and the invisible ties that bind a family. Also adore Tsubaki Bunguten, not a must watch but I'm a sucker for stationery. Plague is also awesome for its writing quality ensemble acting.

Anonymous said...

Did you finish Kataomoi? I found the ending rather sloppy and would like to hear your thoughts. And seconding anon's comment, did you mistake Hanzai Shokugun for Meishi Game? Your review for MG was positive, so I'm surprised to not see it here. Btw, Quartet in 720p can be found here if you still want it: https://blog.naver.com/PostListByTagName.nhn?blogId=leeyj80&logType=mylog&tagName=Quartet

Akiramike said...

@dgundam: Neither does my gf. Good luck getting her addicted!

@Buck Thanks for reminding me about Chinmoku Hotei and Plage! I think I watched the first episode of Plage and forgot all about it!

@Anon: Sorry, I did not finish Kataomoi. I just could not care about any of the characters. I forgot all about Meishi Game so will add to honorable mentions list and thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

Please check Izakaya Fuji. It's like Byplayers mixed with Shinya shokudo. Lmao at Osugi Ren cameo when he's accompanied by 2 hot chicks and Oomori says to Nagayama Kento "He became popular after Byplayers".

Anonymous said...

Seems you missed Okaasan Musume o Yamete ii Desuka. I think it`s still worth an honorary mentioned despite its flaws

Akiramike said...

Anon: Thanks for the Musume o Yamete reminder! Added.

Rick said...

I just read this old page. I have the 720p files by DoA and can provide if you need.

Akiramike said...

@Rick: Thanks for the offer but I can get it it from avistaz.

D said...

I looked up what you thought about Quartet just to make sure I can continue trusting your reviews and the verdict is... I can! Weird posting it here I guess but speaking of Mitsushima Hikari being in a stratosphere of her own, a review of Hatsukoi is in the works... right!??

Akiramike said...

@D: I have not seen Hatsukoi yet but will be getting Netflix soon for Alice in Borderland S2.