Thursday, November 12, 2015

Shitamachi Rocket TBS Episodes 1-3


If you liked Hanzawa Naoki, Shitamachi Rocket is for you. If you're like me and you find the overacting, cartoonish villains and frequent use of soaring music off-putting, Abe Hiroshi does make this TBS version of Shitamachi Rocket slightly bearable but I'd rather watch the WOWOW version.


There is no Dan Mitsu and Ueto Aya to really drag the acting but I just cannot comprehend why the director would tell the actors to act like they are villains in a kids show. Most Japanese like the Hanzawa Naoki acting so what do I know? I might put up with the TBS version just for Abe and to make it easier to watch the WOWOW one and maybe do a comparison down the line.

4 comments:

Cyberwave said...

I could finish Hanzawa Naoki but just can't stand 1 episode of this. I'm not one of those Japanese who can adore insubordination regardless of the 10x powerup overacting and the unnegligible plot holes. It really hurts my brain when no one in such large enterprise knows the existence of counter-charge.

Akiramike said...

Lol, not to mention the guy who is always mad at the accountant for no good reason. I should have made more fun of the show.

Anonymous said...

LOL...apart from the overacting, i can actually understand why some of Abe's staffs don't like the accountant...it is simply because he is the "shipped out banker" and technically still work for the bank...if anything goes wrong with the company, the bank could transfer him to a different company...so it's normal that people don't trust him...

I have finished this TBS version (is not that i have watched the earlier version though)...and personally i would rate it slightly below Roosevelt (and of course Roosevelt is below Hanzawa)...but still it is worth to watch if you like Ikeido's storyline...

Akiramike said...

Anon: For sure. Its just the way the hatred and distrust is portrayed that doesn't fly with me.