Saturday, November 14, 2015

Jmovie review: Biri Gal

The main reason I watched Biri Gal is because Sambomaster did the theme song Kanousei. Ok, and maybe for Arimura Kasumi (Mozu/Amachan).

Biri Gal is the movie version of Dragon Zakura except instead of Todai, the main character is Keio University and the main character is an airhead gyaru with the educational ability of a grade 4 student.

Stupid subtitles blocking my view.

The movie is obviously aimed at girls with its super bright colours, fashion and everything looking too freaking clean.

Ito Atsushi actually does a decent job here.

A lot of the humour comes from Arimura Kasumi's character Sayaka's air-headedness like not knowing Santa isn't real...

or thinking that Abe-chan is the President.

While I am not the target audience for this movie, I kind of enjoyed it not because there's an onsen scene,

but because its a well done teenage underdog movie/star vehicle for Arimura Kasumi.

I have to say, now that students can check their results online, movies can no longer do that tension scene of students scanning the board for their number.

Could Arimura Kasumi be a good actress? Possibly. She's certainly better than those Oscar Agency people like Gouriki. She reminds me of Fukuda Saki.

Watchable movie that I could not dislike and itmade me want to rewatch Dragon Zakura.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't make you want to study harder and read manga to learn about modern history?

Akiramike said...

She studied 100 times harder than I ever did so it was very intimidating and had the opposite effect on me.