Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Jigoku Sensei Nube Eps 1+2


EDIT: Just had a thought. Maybe Jigoku Sensei Nube getting greenlit has more to do with Youkai Watch than the manga. Youkai Watch which is basically Pokemon with ghosts is the biggest thing in Japan now and maybe someone just wanted a ghost fighting manga to adapt and aim towards kids.

I used to 'read' this manga a long time ago. What I mean by read is basically look for pantsu/cleavage/ecchi pictures. I decided to give the dorama a try and its basically a lot more family friendly show seeing as it was shown at 9pm. H2 dorama did not even half an pantsu shots like the manga but it turned out pretty good.


Unfortunately, the comedy part is not funny. Its like a boring tokusatsu show. Jigoku Sensei Nube should have gone bad all the way instead, ie go for low budget midnight slot so they can actually do fanservice. No need to hire B level actors. Just ham it all the way and dress it up with fanservice. There's evecandy in the show but its presented in a family friendly way. Ugh.


Don't watch it. There are no redeeming features for Jigoku Sensei Nube.

2 comments:

C said...

I keep watching this show and I have no idea why. I think there's a part of me still clinging to hope that it may improve. I have a weakness for kanjani8 too :(

Even though I'm a girl, I agree it " should have gone bad all the way" and some tongue in cheek ness with fanservice and what not would have been appreciated. The effects in particular are way too- good? Because the monsters themselves are too campy for it. The show should be darker and less glossy too.

Akiramike said...

There is no hope to cling to! You're better off watching good shows.

Now that you've mentioned it, I was thinking they must have spent quite a bit of money on the effects.

At the end of the day, Jigoku Sensei Nube is a show for kids that is not smart enought nor sleazy enough to appeal to older audiences.