Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Jmovie review: Cheers from Heaven


How could a movie starring Abe Hiroshi, Mimura, Sakuraba Nanami and written by Masaya Ozaki sit in my HDD for 1 1/2 year before I got around to watching it? The answer to that is that my backlog is super long. Anyway, Cheers from Heaven is a story about a bentoya living in a small town in Okinawa who one day decides to build a studio because young people have no place to practice their music.


Cheers from Heaven is a super tearjerker gets very melodramatic but the fact that its based on a true story and has my favourite actors in it made it enjoyable. My biggest complaint is how Sakuraba Nanami's band can do all the public performances with only one song.

Cheers from Heaven is a family movie about dreams and doing things for others etc but Abe's performance really saves this movie from being average movie about a modern saint. Watchable.


No comments: