Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Zoku Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi eps 1+2


I wasn't really eager to watch Zoku Saigo Kara storyline-wise, there wasn't really anything interesting in the first season and it was entertaining on the strength of Koizumi Kyoko and Nakai Kiichi's chemistry along with Okada Yoshikazu's dialogue.


Episode one was pretty funny and reminded me of the strengths of the first season. Chiaki (Koizumi Kyoko) and Wahei (Nakai Kiichi) can argue about the most mundane of things and make it entertaining. Storyline-wise, Chiaki's moved up to management and is bored stamping documents while Wahei is now known for losing the world heritage bid and is in charge of two departments.



Uchida Yuki is now a full fledge writer, Asada Ryutaro is getting married to Satsukawa Aimi and Ijima Naoko suspects her husband of cheating on her. To add some spice to the story, Kase Ryo returns to Chiaki's life as her former failed scriptwriter boyfriend and Hasegawa Kyoko shows up to be Wahei's friend while looking for the angel of Kamakura, Asada Ryutaro.


There's going to be relationship triangles and quadrangles and what will make this show good is whether Okada Yoshikazu can make it consistently funny until Chiaki and Wahei get together in the end, or not. I like the addition of Kase Ryo and Hasegawa Kyoko but I don't have confidence in the story because in season one, other than the two main leads, everyone else was pretty boring.


More of the same watchable stuff from first season. Hopefully Zoku Saigo Kara doesn't get too drawn out.

7 comments:

C said...

I was fairly apprehensive about this until I watched it... it's so easy to watch. I love watching wahei and chiaki bicker. (which is wierd, as usually I hate that dynamic...they make it work somehow) Though I'm dissapointed they are both still single. I thought after the special they had begun to have interest in a relationship together. I hope this isn't going to turn into a will they or won't they over season after season. Because as you say, they are the most interesting part of this drama

Oh, isn't the ending great too? I laughed at the ending of episode 2. Gotta love quirky jdrama endings.

Sonna~ said...

I was also apprehensive about this like yourself and C. Like C said, it is easy to watch and the arguing is really fun instead of annoying.

I'm not usually a fan of love triangles but if anyone can pull this off then Okada-sama can.

Akiramike said...

Forgot to mention Okada will probably draw out the reveal of why Chiaki was dumped. At the very least, he's got a lot of storylines to explore in this one.

Unknown said...

I keep seeing the 2012 movie of this drama, but I can't find it to watch it. Is there a movie set somewhere between the two seasons, and where can one find it? Loved both and 2, by the way and agree with the comments here very much.

Akiramike said...

Movie? I believe you are talking about the dorama special. I'm not sure if the link here still works:

http://doramax264.com/15489/saigo-kara-nibanme-no-koi-sp/

Unknown said...

I have searched it: when I do, I see the 2012 season 1, a same titled movie, and then the later season 2. It looks like this:

Second To Last Love | Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi (Fuji TV / 2012)
Second To Last Love 2012 Fall | Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi 2012 Aki (Fuji TV / 2012)
Second To Last Love 2 | Zoku Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi (Fuji TV / 2014)

at this location:http://asianwiki.com/Second_To_Last_Love_(Saigo_Kara_Nibanme_no_Koi)

If you saw that second line, wouldn't you think that there was a third item to see? And also, this appears when I click on that second line link - notice that it says TV Movie...? Hmmmm:

Profile
TV Movie: Second To Last Love 2012 Fall
Romaji: Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi 2012 Aki
Japanese: 最後から二番目の恋 2012秋
Director: Rieko Miyamoto
Writer: Yoshikazu Okada
Network: Fuji TV
Episodes: 1
Release Date: November 2, 2012
Runtime: Friday 21:00-22:52
Genre: Drama / Romance / Comedy
TV Ratings: 10.6%
Language: Japanese
Country: Japan

Unknown said...

I tried the link that you provided. I see the special now. Will have to download the rar file and see what this is all about. Thank you in advance!