Thursday, February 13, 2014

Legend of Galactic Heroes anime remake???!!!


Just saw this post at Jin115 and I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm pretty sure アニメ化 means making an anime version and there's already a classic 100+ episode series which I dearly love. I could watch it again and again and again. Its the greatest anime series ever along with Macross. How do you improve on perfection? Will today's anime viewer be even interested in a smartly written, grey area political drama with a huge cast of characters?

The one good thing is at least people will now know the name of the series. I hope Yang Wenli will not get his own harem of female generals and little sister/maid. I'm not really excited cause the anime is so perfect but I'd rather watch an anime try to improve on perfection rather than your usual interesting light novel premise that descends into generic harem anime series. I predict its going to fizzle out cause if the awesome Guin Saga can't even get a 2nd season, what hope does LoGH have unless all the generals turn into your stereotypical female harem?

1 comment:

4545 said...

They probably won't mess around with this anime; even something as simple as revisiting the 3rd and 4th EDs will remind them that a remake is pretty much a tall order.